Monday, May 27, 2013

Fun Filled Weekend!

Had a really busy weekend, starting with a show on Friday night. It was a fund raiser for Women and Cancer. It was only my second performance singing with the guys, and it was great, I loved it! Looking forward to the next show!

Then Saturday we did Dave John B’s Knockout Road show! There was to be a team of ten of us, but we ended up just eight, but we had an absolute ball, it was the best fun I have had in ages! We were sponsored to take part by Home Bargains, the shop where I work. They kindly paid our entrance fee of £25 each to take part,we then had friends to sponsor us individually, I raised £65! It was in aid of the, “Walking With Giants Foundation”, for those of you that don’t know, it is for people and families that have Primordial Dwarfism, a real worth while cause, and one I was very proud to be a part of.

All of us that took part were game for a laugh, and I have to say that’s what we did most of the day! The Knockout Road Show was amazing, I would recommend it for any companies that want a team building or fund raising event.

I have to say though, parts of my body ached afterwards, in places I didn’t know were there! My eyelashes were the only things that didn’t hurt! Every bit of pain was worth it though!

Please take a look at WWGF web site at… www.walkingwithgiants.org to see the wonderful people and the work they do. A big Hi to Alex and his family, and a big thank you for giving me the privilege of taking part in such a fantastic day! Oh and a big thanks too, to all the girls from Home Bargains who gave their all to make the day…What a team!

252221_576890072351874_152619414_n

261715_576880105686204_2087549927_n

942078_576883299019218_768240202_n 971791_577051442335737_1002122686_n

The weather was glorious, just as well as we got very wet, and had buckets of cold water thrown over us at regular intervals!!

PICT0012

                               BEFORE………

PICT0019                           

                               AFTER !!

4 comments:

maureen mellor said...

Loved reading this. . . you certainly did have a very busy
weekend. Would love to here more about the group your in. Can't wait for the next instalment. X x

life afloat on nb tickety boo said...

Glad you enjoyed reading Maureen,still aching! Catch up soon ;)

Les Biggs said...

Hi Debbie
Couldn`t see any difference in the before/after pics.
You look great in both.
Nice to see you having fun for a good cause.

life afloat on nb tickety boo said...

Thank you Les....I think!
Yes it was a fun way to raise money. Hope you and Jaqueline are enjoying this lovely rain!