Thursday, July 07, 2011

Sunshine and Rain!

 

The weather as always, has gone mad. Gorgeous sunshine, then this…..

PICT0013

It started to dance down!  The photo above was taken from the side hatch, the rain got too heavy, so I had to take pictures of the rain through the window…..

PICT0008

The bank in this picture through the window, has changed its shape, due to the rain running down the window. The next picture gets even stranger, Mr Rain himself has made an appearance, bottom right of the photo, you can just make out a rain figure waving……

PICT0011

If you click on the photo you will see Mr Rain better, then maybe not, it could just be my very vivid imagination!

PICT0018

The view from my stern door.

The rain can be a right pain in the backside at times, but personally I love to watch it hammering down making bubbles on the canal and leaving grass, trees and plants lush and green. Doesn’t do much for the hairstyle though!!

4 comments:

4kids, 2 guinea pigs, 1 happy family said...

Enjoyed reading your blog. We had our first canal boating holiday recently and we all loved it.
What a great way to live.
x

life afloat on nb tickety boo said...

Thank you, I love getting messages like this! I have now discovered your blog, and will follow it with interest. I just had a quick look, and love the pictures of the calves. I was lucky enough to visit a farm in Wales recently, where I had two young calves sucking my fingers, they were in a field with their Dad a huge bull called Gorilla! I wasn't too keen on putting my fingers near his mouth!

Debbie.

Mrs. Jaqueline Biggs said...

Oh Debbie,
It was 91 degrees here yesterday--I would LOVE to have been on NB Valerie listening to the rain drumming on the roof, a cup of Green & Black hot cocoa with a splash of brandy, in hand. You captured the feeling of the rain perfectly!

Debbie said...

Hi Jaqueline, believe me when your back on board you will have plenty of opportunity to enjoy the rain on the roof!! Our English weather won't let you down on that score!